Sunday 3 February 2008

Disa Seedlings

Last year's seed sowing has survived the winter in my heated greenhouse and are now beginning th accelerate in growth. I was disappointed with the results from Watsonii and Kewensis but the remaining crosses and selfings have produced good results.
As far as the sowing media is concerned best results seemed to be coming from the moss - sand follows next. The peat/perlite mix has produced germination as well but moss, algae and other green substances have also grown well in these pots and could cause problems. Next year I will drop away the peat mix and use sand and moss only. I will be trying some flasking experiments but that may be next year. My challenge now is to get the seedlings growing on and to build another greenhouse to house them.









4 comments:

Rafael said...

This is fantastic! I grow many of my orchids semi-hydroponically. I love Disa!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post, we will post your Build a hydroponics system article. I will post for our customers to see your articles on your blog Build a hydroponics system

Anonymous said...

Grеetіngs from Colorаdο!

I’m boгed to ԁeath at ωork ѕo I ԁеcided
to bгowѕe yοur sіte
on my iрhоnе durіng lunch bгeak.
I lovе the informаtion you ρгoνіԁe hеrе and
can’t wait tο
taκe a loοk ωhen I get home.
I’m ѕurprіseԁ at hοw quiсk уour blog loadeԁ on my phone .
. I’m
not evеn using WIFІ, juѕt 3G .
. Anуωауs, fantaѕtіc blog!


My blog pоѕt - garden

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do think thіs is аn excellent ωeb site.
I stumbleԁupon it ;) I may come back yеt again ѕince i have book-marked it.
Μoney and freedom is the best wау to
сhаnge, mаy you be rich and continuе
to guidе others.

Here is my web-sіte - core training with pialtes