Sunday 3 February 2008

Disa Growlist

I have been increasing my stock of Disa plants over the winter months and now have the following species and hybrids:

uniflora red. carmine and orange, aurata, Veitchii Primula, Saffron, Kalahari Sunset, Kewensis,
Kewbett, Orangeade, Foam, Watsonii Bramley, Pride of Constantia, Reitte, Reheat, tripetoloides, Brides Dream, Unifoam, Sealord, African Sun, Table Mountain, Lady Siplovich, Unifoam Majestic, Kewdior, Oak Valley, Inca King x Kalahari Sands which I think is Thelma Kindred, African Gold coming. No doubt I will obtain more over the summer. I will be producing more selfings and crosses this year and may well have seed to swap.

My intention is to progress with hybridsation and to this end am trying to source as many species and primary hybrids as possible to end up with a stock of base mother plants to work with. If anyone has cardinalis I would be grateful to have/buy/swap some seed later this year.

I am hoping to try and find Alan Kindred Disa but it is difficult to source them. If anyone reading this Blog has some to spare or swap please get in touch - it would seem to me to be a shame if they all disappear after all the hard work and enthusiasm he put into Disa in the UK.

I am also keen to get pollen and seed swaps going so again if anyone is interested let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These articles and blogs are truly enough for me for a day.
click here